Thursday, June 11, 2015

Fall for the Fell's Point Farmers Market


Okay, this is a ridiculously tardy post, considering I took these pictures last fall! I have no idea what took me so long to share them with you, since they showcase one of my absolute favorite spots in Baltimore, Fells Point, and a cherished pastime, browsing farmer's markets.

The Fells Point Farmers Market market kicked off its fifth season this past May, and the Saturday morning festivities take place on Broadway Square, right in the heart of Fell's Point, complete with a water view and a parade of people and dogs to watch.

At the market, I discovered a locally-made product from Annapolis-based Eco-Armour. Though this picture depicts the company's popular botanical shaving foam, I purchased their serum, a nourishing moisturizer, and fell in love. Eco-Armour, a finalist in Martha Stewart's 2014 American Made competition, exclusively uses natural ingredients in their products, which include skin care, aromatherapy and even insect repellent.
I also became acquainted with Charm City Meadworks through the Fell's Point Farmers Market, clearly one of the finest local business incubators around. Charm City Meadworks operates out of South Baltimore's Curtis Bay neighborhood, and they get their honey - in case you do not know, as I did not, mead is wine made from honey - from Lancaster, PA. Many restaurants, such as Clementine in Hamilton and Liam Flynn's in Station North, and stores, such as The Wine Source in Hampden and Wells Discount Liquors in Govanstowne, all carry their products.
Naturally, every market has great jewelry vendors. I cannot stop at all of them because I have a tendency to buy earrings everywhere I go. I cannot help myself - there are so many talented artists out there!
Now I remember why I didn't publish this post previously - I did not have any pictures of the produce at the market, which is, after all, a key feature of any farmer's market. Nevertheless, in lieu of a picture of the vendors' beautiful and bountiful fruits and veggies, I will leave you with a picture of the heart of Fell's Point, the intersection of Thames Street, Broadway and Broadway Square. What a great neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment